He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

What is going on....



My body seems to be falling apart piece by piece. Last year I started having problems with my hands stiffening up. I have learnt to adjust to that even though there are a lot of things I can't do now. The thing that really shook me up was not being able to walk. One afternoon I suddenly had trouble walking. No problem the day before and no problem that morning; I was walking and then my feet or ankles didn't want to bend and the pain was awful. I thought it might be my shoes so I bought another pair right then and there. It didn't help. I have been doing stretching exercises and there is minimal improvement. Last month I went to walmart early in the morning. I, myself, noticed that something was wrong with the way I was walking. I felt like my arms and legs were being guided like a puppet on a string. I tried to straighten my stride but nothing helped. I almost got back in the car and went home; but told myself to get used to it. I walked through the sliding doors and the door greeter looked at me with a concerned look. She came towards me and asked me if I was all right. I gave her a big smile and told her I was doing great and how was she doing this morning. But that let me know that it wasn't my imagination. I do walk like a puppet sometimes.

Now my right arm is giving me trouble. There is no freedom of movement and there is pain when I try to use it. If I grip anything, pain shoots up my arm and I have lost the strength in that arm, too. Sometimes my hands are so weak I have to use two hands to turn on my crest spinpro. I have to use my left arm a lot more. It is awkward but I am getting used to it.

My face has been hurting. I have noticed muscle pain in the calves of my legs. Year before last I stumbled or lost my balance a lot. I have begun to do that again. My legs get so weak at times I have trouble getting in and out of my little nissan. The other day I got in the car and I had to pick my left leg up by hand because it wouldn't lift on its own. I have trouble getting up from the couch. So many things are changing. I am trying to research the symptoms and found a couple things it could possibly be. It is very scary.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home