He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Friday, December 09, 2005

The end of another week is here. It has went by so fast. This week ends without me with an upset stomach but I have a bad cold. At least I can hold by head up and do some house work. I have a lot of catching up to do on just the every day chores.

I went to the store this morning to get some tree decorations. Of course all the decorations were gone except for the ones no one would put on a tree. That means I will be digging through all my stored christmas decorations this weekend. I am going to do my best to throw things away and get down to maybe two boxes of sentimental keepsakes.

I am no where close to finishing my gift buying. It is hard when you have to limit the amount for each purchase. I am just giving to my sons and daughterinlaws and K of course. I have only decided on and bought for the daughterinlaws. It is so much easier choosing something for girls instead of boys. I would love to find something special for my mom and dad who have helped us so much this year. I would like to be able to just buy what I want and not look at the price tag. I wanted to get K an electric blanket because he stays so cold and no matter how many blankets I put on him he can't get warm. I looked at them this morning and was shocked that they are so expensive. The cost will pay for a month of one of his prescriptions.

I know christmas isn't about gifts but old habits die hard.

2 Comments:

At 5:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry everything is so difficult for you Mrs. P. You remain in my prayers.

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Mrs. P, it's Christmas. Go to a charity and ask for help. Birds donate to charities precisely to help birds in your situation. Perhaps they can find you an electric blanket or maybe a gently used one. I think it is completely appropriate for you to ask for one for you very ill husband. If your church can't get you one, ask at other churches.

God bless you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home