He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, October 23, 2005

My co-workers did not tease me too bad Friday but I don't know how they will be tomorrow. To me it is not a laughing matter; they do not understand what I went through before the surgery. I am not going to dwell on it; and I will laugh with them but I am really scared.

The weather has cooled off and that alone has lifted my spirits. We are finally getting caught up with the yard work and everything is looking nice.

I spent this morning altering some of my slacks that I wear to work. When the little munchkins are determine to be held they try to climb up my legs and my pants start coming down. I am afraid I will get caught with my pants down by a parent coming to pick their child up. It is worrisome to say the least. hahaha I am not ready to start putting money out on more clothes so I am tying to figure out how to take in some inches without ruining my slacks. I was never any good at altering store bought clothes because of the serging along the seams.

I am thrilled that I have started a crochet project. I am crocheting a poncho like my granny made each of her grand daughters in the "60's. I found this pattern which just uses a double crochet and a single crochet stitch. The instructions are basic and I haven't hadn't any problem so far. I rounded up some yarn that I had bought for an afghan but I am excited and ready to go and buy some of the new variegated yarn that I saw on the Lion Brand web site. I love feeling the crochet hook in my hand after such a long break.

***********************************************************

Blessed be God, which hath not turned away my prayer, nor his mercy from me. Psalms 66:20

4 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Mrs. P, don't you remember the time Granny Bird forgot to go to work? The Bird Factory didn't even call her. Instead they waited until a couple of weeks went past, then questioned her. If she hadn't read on her blog that she went to Wal-Mart that day, she would never have remembered what really happened!

I know how it can be a little scary, though. I think it may be hormones, too, given what that other bird and I were discussing. Neither of us have (known) thyroid problems. But with hormones and thyroid, you'll really have to watch it and keep reminders around.

Which reminds me! You might want to get one of those "atomic" clocks. They get the time and date from the US atomic clock via radio waves, so you never have to set them. You'll always have the correct time and date. All you have to do is change batteries when they die.

Those clocks save me a lot of trouble, since I'm forever forgetting to wind my watch and power failures mess up all the other clocks in the house.

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Granny Bird was hit by H. Wilma. She is without phones and electricity. We know she prays for you. Please pray that her nest is OK and that power is quickly restored. Thank you!

 
At 8:19 AM, Blogger Mrs. P said...

Yes, I have thinking of grannybird going through another hurricane. She has been in my thoughts and prayers.

I am doing the poncho in windsor blue because I already had the yarn for the afghan I did not crochet.

I feel that what upset me most was forgetting a whole day; not exactly the forgetting to go to work. And the wonderful people I work for paid me for the four hours; they did not deduct for the time I was late. And I did clock in almost thirty minutes late.

I do like the idea of a clock showing the date and the time. That would be real helpful.

 
At 1:46 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

I'm just now reading Could It Be... Perimenopause? (Subtitle: How Women 35-50 Can Overcome Forgetfulness, Mood Swings, Insomnia, Weight Gain, Sexual Dysfunction and Other Telltale Signs of Hormonal Imbalance) by Laurie Ashner and Dr. Steven R. Goldstein.

I should have read this book years ago. It sure explains a lot of the goofy stuff that's been happening since 40 came and went.

You might see if your library has it. It's worth at least flipping through. I learned, for example, that while a lot of women tell you to get phytoestrogen (plant estrogens) supplements, those are NOT good for relieving women's symptoms in perimenopause, when you may well have too much estrogen. If they have any use, it is for postmenopausal symptoms.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home