He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, October 16, 2005

I went to wallyworld today to try and find some food that will entice me to eat again. My dietitian tells me I need to eat more because my blood glucose is staying too low. I don't like to eat for some reason. I hardly think about eating or drinking. Sometimes I get to thinking about certain foods I have eaten or cooked and think maybe I will eat that. So I cook it or go buy it, but I take a couple of bites and I don't want any more of it.

I am suppose to be keeping a journal of every thing I eat and drink during the day. Today's entry has this written:


7 a.m.- 2-6 oz cups of decaf coffee

9 a.m.- 3/4 cup of bite-size shredded wheat with 1/2 cup of 2% milk

10 a.m.- 2 blood pressure pills, 1 heart rate pill, 1 anxiety
pill, 1 calcium supplement, 1 low dose aspirin, 1
vitamin C, 2 vitamin E, 1 evening oil of primrose and 8 oz of
water

12:30 p.m.- 1 mini-snack size box of raisins

3:30 p.m.- granola bar

4:30 p.m.- 8 oz cup green tea



So far that is it for today. I don't think about eating or drinking. I rarely get hungry. If my stomach does growl in anger because it is empty I usually get a glass of decaf diet coke or water. Not food, ugh!!!

I bought some salad makings at the store in hopes I will eat them. But I had to throw out what I brought home a couple of weeks ago. I would open the crisper drawer of the 'frig and close it right back because the thought of eating a salad made me nauseous. I threw out some apples and oranges I had bought and didn't eat. The foods I was eating last year don't interest me and I have yet to find something that I will eat besides sugar free chocolates and granola bars. And I don't eat them often enough.

I am boiling peanuts right now to snack on tonight. K has been asking me to get some peanuts to boil so today I did. The green peanuts are available in the store this time of year so I am boiling about five pounds of them for us. A man in our neighborhood boils and sells peanuts all year long and we usually buy a small bag from him every few weeks. Boiled peanuts are one thing I am crazy about!

I don't enjoy cooking like I used to do. K still isn't eating much and really doesn't ask me to fix him any thing special. If he does I do cook it for him. But he never did like to eat the same things I did and I used to try new recipes just for myself.

I am still not doing any of things I did a few years ago. Sometimes when evening rolls around I wonder what I did all day long because time seems to have went by so fast that the day just slipped away and I can't think of any thing I accomplished. Oh, I do the dishes, and the laundry, and a few other household chores but it shouldn't take a whole day. I am so glad that I at least get out of the house and go to the daycare to work. Otherwise I don't think I would leave the house at all.

5 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger Snowbaby said...

I was reading your blog and I will bookmark it. I am touched by what you are going through. i have had the same road just a different disease with my husband. Absolutely get disability! Every little bit helps!
You sound depressed and as if your suffering post-traumatic stress disorder. Being unusually tired and aching is one of the symptoms.
My blog is at: http://winterypinescreekroad.blogspot.com
If you'd like to write, please feel free. I will certainly be praying for you. God IS a sure foundation, and HE is still in control. Even when ours spirals out of control. God Bless-

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Snowbaby said...

Mrs. P, it occurred to me if you don't like eating, you might try a drink from the health food store that we've used. It's called "Spiruteen" and it is really healthy! we did the herbal route too and found the products were good for a while and then stopped being effective.
The best products to use are soy-based.
Soybeans are nutritionally wonderful and plentiful in health food herbs.
There are books you can get on herbs...but Spiruteen saved my husbands life and his immune system suffers constant bacteria.
It's WONDERFUL!!

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

When I suffered postpartum depression I found I could eat light stuff, like you would when you're sick -- toast and jelly, that sort of thing. But it really takes getting un-depressed to get your appetite back.

You were taking meds for your depression before -- didn't it help? If it didn't, there are pleny of others to try. Don't give up because one didn't work!

Getting bright light early in the morning might help some, too.

You need to get treated for the depression in order to care for K., as well as yourself.

John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.

 
At 5:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Take the advice and get help!

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Mrs. P said...

Thank you, snow-baby. K did have bacteria in his blood and was on avalox. I will have to really budget so we can get the spiruteen for him. Any other things you can tell me to help prolong K's life would be a blessing. Please email me.

I am still taking my depression meds grannys daughter, but they don't seem to help anymore. My next appointment at the charity hospital is not till december.

Talking to ya'll is a blessing. God bless each and everyone of you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home