He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Friday, October 21, 2005

This morning I awoke thinking it was Saturday. With that in mind I planned my day of cutting grass, during laundry and ironing clothes for next week. The phone rung a little after two and it was the daycare center. I couldn't imagine what had happened; I was afraid someone had died. The assistant director asked me if I was coming in to work today. I didn't know what to say; it took a minute for this to be processed in my brain. I asked her what did she mean; then I knew I was the one that had made a mistake. I asked her what day it was and she said it is Friday. I told her I would be right there.

This is another symptom to go along with other things that I have been noticing. I have found myself being confused as I try to do ordinary things that I have done millions of times everyday.

****************************************************
And in that day thou shalt say, O Lord, I will praise thee: though thou wast angry with me, thine anger is turned away, and thou comfortedst me. Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation. Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation. And in that day shall ye say, Praise the Lord, call upon his name, declare his doings among the people, make mention that his name is exalted. Sing unto the Lord; for he hath done excellent things: this is known in all the earth. Cry out and shout, thou inhabitant of Zion; for great is the Holy One of Israel in the midst of thee.

Isaiah 12

2 Comments:

At 8:57 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Oh, Mrs. P, you are not alone! I met a bird this week having the same memory problems you and I have. She got a statement from her bank showing she took out $200 at the ATM twice, just minutes apart. She had to call the bank and have them investigate because she has no idea if she made two withdrawals and forgot or if the machine malfunctioned.

I told her that I write down every pill I take but still sometimes find that, pencil in hand, I can't remember if I just swallowed one or was just about to! I must force myself to write it down while the pill is in my hand.

We discovered that we both have trouble sleeping, too, which may account for some of our memory problems (along with hormones decreasing).

When we said goodbye, we laughed as I said, "I hope I remember meeting you!"

How is your sleeping these days? And your calcium levels?

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forget too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home