He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Saturday, June 27, 2009

A few more days and we start a new month. It has been awfully hot with heat indexes around 115. I am praying that the temps don't stay high next month. Lower would definitely be wonderful. It is so dry that the state fire marshall has issued a ban for all private burnings. That means no fireworks for july 4th.

After three weeks my three and four year olds are paying attention a little better. Now their meanness has shown up and I am trying to teach them to do unto others as you would have others do unto you. I have pinchers, scratchers, hitters and even one biter. Mix that in with the noisiness and I am exhausted every day.

On cooking day with had a fun idea that the kids loved. We went fishing. A pretzel stick was the fishing pole, peanut butter was the bait. We put gold fish crackers on blue colored paper plates. The kids dipped the pretzel sticks in the peanut butter and caught the fish and ate them. They enjoyed it so much.

My roof had some leaks and I finally decided to use the blue tarps that have shown up everywhere since hurricane katrina. It was of course the least expensive and friends of the family put them on for me. Three tarps were given to me and I bought one and the effect has the look of a patchwork quilt. Each tarpaulin was a different shade of blue, one being a beautiful turquoise. I know I have to do something more permanent and I'm looking over my options.

**************************************

Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O Lord. Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications. If thou, Lord, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared. I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope. My soul waiteth for the Lord more than they that watch for the morning: I say, more than they that watch for the morning.
Psalm 130:1-6

1 Comments:

At 5:46 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

Sorry you have to work so hard!

I had the blue tarps on my house for awhile, before I was finally able to get the roof replaced, after the hurricanes hit this area a few years ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home