He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Today was my kids first cooking day at the daycare. We made butter. The kids had fun and I stayed tense. They had a blast shaking the jar and passing it to each other. I just kept imagining that glass jar hitting the floor, spraying cream and glass every where. I kept asking myself, why glass?

The butter was delicious and brought back memories. I remember helping my dad's mom, grandma Lily, milk her cow. Then we would let the milk sit, so the cream would rise to the top. She would ladle the cream off and pour it a jar. When the jar was full she would pour the cream into the butter churn. It had a handle you turned sort of like the old type of egg beater or hand mixer. I always thought it was an honor to be allowed to sit and turn that handle. The reward was always to get to taste butter I had made.

My new group of kids are a bit challenging. They do not seem able to sit for five minutes. I have three out of fourteen that I can turn my back on and know that when I turn back around they will be in the same place. With my other classes it was the other way around. I only had three or four that I had to keep one eye on at all times. It has really been emotionally draining these past four days.

*********************************

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord. Therefore if thine enemy hunger, feed him; if he thirst, give him drink: for in so doing thou shalt heap coals of fire on his head. Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
Romans 12:19-21

1 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

Sorry you have such a difficult class Mrs. P!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home