He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, May 02, 2010

Back to work tomorrow. Most of the U.S. has been under a tornado watch, including me. It has been hot and muggy and the air conditioner only helps a little. I have to count the blessing that I have an air conditioner and right now I still have electricity.

Last week I was able to work two evening shifts at work. It made long work days but the extra money was great. The director bought lunch for the day shift that worked the evening shift, which was over half of the day crew, because she said we went way beyond the call of duty.

Next month the director is retiring. The daycare is still interviewing candidates for her replacement. I was hoping that one of the other ladies that work in the office would take her place but the board of directors want someone with a college degree. I am waiting to see what changes someone new will be "directing" us to do.

We celebrated dad's 82nd birthday with a crawfish boil. He has been having good days and bad days as mom calls them. Some days he hardly speaks and his face never changes expressions. Mom calls it his zombie face. On his good days he smiles and talks. He fell again last sunday evening. Thankfully he was inside on carpeted floor and didn't hurt his self. He has been falling but doesn't think he needs a walker or a cane. He has an electric wheel chair but only uses it when he wants to get the mail.

**************************

I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the Lord, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth salvation, and let righteousness spring up together; I the Lord have created it.

Isaiah 45:5-8

2 Comments:

At 6:08 PM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

Sorry about your dad, but glad you are okay there, and have your electric.

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Happy Mother's Day, Mrs. P!

- The B100 birds

 

Post a Comment

<< Home