He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Happy Memorial Day! I am excited about my three day weekend and also thankful for the men and women who defend our country.

Your silent tents of green
We deck with fragrant flowers;
Yours has the suffering been,
The memory shall be ours.
– Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

It is hard to find the words that define my new group of boys and girls. A few are very immature. One little fellow has to announce to the class every time he "poopoo's in the pottie." Then the class has to tell me that he said a bathroom word. Two of my little girls will not go to the bathroom unless I go with them. I have a group of wanderers. Only two will sit and do class work. The others just walk and pick up toys and lay them down and talk, talk, talk. They don't argue because they don't listen. Tuesday I am getting two more children to add to my group. I am satisfied with this group so I am afraid that my new ones will be my defiant ones.

I have to share a story about one of my little girls. She is very shy and doesn't accept change very well. She cried monday, tuesday she cried for a short time when she was dropped off, wednesday she didn't cry and her mom was happy. I was happy too. What happened was we always say the blessing before we eat and I was shocked when the little girl says, "God is great, God is good, let us thank him for Ms Patsy." My eyes and mouth popped open and she ran and gave me a hug. These are the times I am thankful that I work at a daycare.

**********************************

And they brought unto him also infants, that he would touch them: but when his disciples saw it, they rebuked them. But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Suffer little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God. Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child shall in no wise enter therein.

Luke 18:15-17

2 Comments:

At 7:18 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

I am glad you had a nice holiday.

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Aw, that was a sweet story. Thanks for sharing it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home