He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Saturday, August 27, 2005

We are in the path of another hurricane. I don't need anything else stressful on my mind right now. But I am handing it over to God. It has been almost twelve years since we have had a direct hit. The hurricanes that came to Louisiana have always slipped past our area with just a brush of the outer bands. We did have the tall pine trees around the house cut down about six years ago. But we do still have trees tall enough to fall on the house in the woods surrounding the house.

My dad has always said that if a hurricane hit Louisiana at the mouth of the Mississippi River it would wipe us off the map. I hope that is an exaggeration. But he has packed up and is ready to head up north if he even suspects the hurricane will come on land at the Mississippi.

I was glad to read that GrannyBird did not get the full force of hurricane Katrina. Yea for GrannyBird!!! I hope that will be true for us too. I don't like to think of anyone being in the path of these forces of nature; but every state has something they must learn to deal with. My prayers go out to everyone.

5 Comments:

At 12:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God be with you Mrs. P.

 
At 10:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Time to evacuate!

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Mrs. P, are you near New Orleans? That looks to be where Katrina plans to make landfall.

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Quilty bird said...

Mrs. P, all the western birds hope that you survived the hurricane with no damage. Please let us know how you made out.

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

I hope you are okay.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home