He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, December 25, 2005


Merry Christmas everyone!!!

Christmas day, 2005, is almost over. My boys and their wives were here yesterday for Christmas eve. We ate, reminiscenced, and exchanged gifts. It was wonderful having all of us under the same roof. I wish we could do it every week, even just once a month. I am complete when we are all together.

This morning I got out of bed early because I couldn't get any air through my nostrils while lying down. This head cold is so bad. Nothing works, even my nose spray wouldn't open up the passages. I am using my vaporizer and it is keeping me from constantly coughing but it isn't helping me draw in air through my nostrils.

Since I was up, I decided to go over to mom and dad's,(I called and they were still in the bed), knowing that if I didn't leave the house right then, I wouldn't leave after I got settled on the couch. Mom said to come on over so I went and drank coffee with them. We chatted about past christmases when me and my sisters were little and then we talked about christmas when our kids were still little.

I had feelings like my old self today. Feelings maybe isn't quite the right word. I was actually having thoughts of things I would like to do. Thoughts of going and looking at some yarn. Thoughts of going and looking at some fabric for some new curtains. Thoughts of planting some roses in february. Ordinary thoughts I guess for some people but it has been such a long time since I have had such thoughts. I have been more like a lump; kinda numb or blank; not able to even concentrate long enough to complete a prayer without my mind straying. So I was surprised to have a thought about something besides what I am going to watch on tv.

After I had chilblains real bad in january of 2003 and I couldn't wear shoes; I researched and try not getting them again. Last year I made it without getting any. Now I have a spot on one of my big toes. I know better but several times I have walked around bare footed on these cold floors. I learnt my lesson and it won't happen again. Even scampering to the utility room to grab some clean clothes out of the dryer is a no no. I won't let my feet touch the floor without socks and slippers or shoes.

My sister has let me have her orbitrek. It had been collecting dust at her house and it just might collect dust here, too. I can't get a rhythm going and I have a fear of falling off. hahaha It is a very awkward motion for me. My knees come up high like I am pedaling a bicycle but there is no place to sit. My big ol' butt swings side to side throwing me off balance. When she asked me if I would like to have it, I immediately said sure, why not. Now, I am saying, why in the world............?????

4 Comments:

At 6:15 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

I am glad you enjoyed Christmas! I never let my feet touch the floor without socks or slippers or shoes.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Well, Mrs. P, if Granny Bird can jump on a trampoline, I'm sure you'll get the hang of the orbitrek. Personally, I don't go near machines like that. Makes me kind of "mal de mer."

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Mrs. P, you might consider putting blocks under the head of your bed. It would help relieve congestion to have your head higher than your feet. Unless you have problems with circulation in your feet and need to keep them raised, a slight angle improves breathing and helps prevent heartburn.

 
At 7:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Happy Birdday! Happy New Year!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home