He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Saturday morning I woke up at 8:48, giving me twelve hours of sleep. I felt like I had actually slept. I don't feel rested during the week because I only get five to six hours of sleep a night. Usually I go to bed at nine but I don't fall asleep till around ten or eleven. Then I have to get up at five. One of my biggest pleasures of the weekend is getting enough sleep.

The flowering hedges are blooming and my eyes are itching and watering. I take claritin every day as directed by my doctor. It helps with my sinuses but it gives little relief for my eyes.

I have enjoyed cooking this weekend. I cooked a beef roast with potatoes and carrots friday night and have been eating it all weekend. Last night I baked cookies, snickerdoodles; they won't last very long.

Oh, I bought a sno-cone machine for shaved ice. I have been making a sno-cone every evening; they are refreshing and delicious. I even use the sugar free syrup because of my diabetes and they are still good. Walmart only had two flavors of sugar free. I have found a recipe for the syrup. My first attempt at making the sugar free syrup wasn't a success. It was very bitter and watery. I will have to search for more recipes.

************************************

Then were there brought unto him little children, that he should put his hands on them, and pray: and the disciples rebuked them. But Jesus said, "Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven." And he laid his hands on them, and departed thence.
Matthew 19:13-15

1 Comments:

At 4:53 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

I am glad you got a good rest!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home