He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, March 09, 2008

I know it has been awhile since I posted on my blog. Last week I kept writing and deleting and I finally just signed out. Everything I write seems pointless and unnecessary. I get up and go to work; come home, eat, go to bed, get up and do the same all over again. The only thing that changes is what I eat and what show I have on the television.

My son started me blogging to help me sort my thoughts out. At the time I had a tumor on my parathyroid. I didn't know that was what was causing me to feel out of sorts. Any way, I don't have much to write, like I did when I first started blogging. During that time I was writing and blogging all during the day, every day.

What I want to mention is the diminished bird population in my area. There are hardly any birds left. At first I was thinking it must be the bird flu; but I haven't found any dead birds and no one in the area has been hospitalized with the west nile virus. I have done a little research and I think I have discovered the cause. In 2006 hawks started nesting in the woods across the road from the house. From what I have read, I understand that they eat birds. I am assuming that is why birds are almost non existence. I have identified these hawks as "cooper's hawks".

Cooper’s Hawk (Accipiter cooperii)

Diet: mostly small birds; occasionally small mammals and reptiles
Habitat: mixed and coniferous forests
Range in Louisiana: all except coastal parishes
Abundance: rare during summer, uncommon at other times

************************************
The fear of the Lord prolongeth days: but the years of the wicked shall be shortened. The hope of the righteous shall be gladness: but the expectation of the wicked shall perish. The way of the Lord is strength to the upright: but destruction shall be to workers of iniquity. The righteous shall never be removed: but the wicked shall not inhabit the earth.
Proverbs 10:27-30

1 Comments:

At 5:52 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

AWK! Watch out Birdies 100!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home