He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I messed up big time at work today. And I got wrote up for it. I still don't know how it happened. I can come up with a number of excuses; there really isn't any acceptable excuse.

I had been awake since two this morning....it happened at one fifteen, almost a twelve hour day...three babies cried all day and I was physically and emotionally drained. At twelve we put all the children at the daycare down for a nap. All my babies were sleeping and I was finally getting some peace and quiet. I was amazed that all twelve children, six that were mine and six of my co worker's, that I share the room with, were asleep.

I was finishing my lunch when the fire alarm went off. I started grabbing babies and putting them in our rolling fire bed and another coworker came in and was helping me. We were in the hall rolling the crib outside when I learnt it was just a fire drill. All the workers were complaining because of a fire drill in the middle of nap time. We were outside for just a few minutes when we got the okay to go back to our rooms. As I pushed the bed through the door way of my room, I saw a baby still in the room, asleep in one of the baby swings. I had left a child in my care in the room. There is no excuse. I went and told my director. I could have stayed quiet and no one would have known. But that is not who I am. I had to fill out the forms for overlooking a child. I still don't know what will happen.

*****************************

But God will redeem my soul from the power of the grave: for he shall receive me. Selah. Be not thou afraid when one is made rich, when the glory of his house is increased; For when he dieth he shall carry nothing away: his glory shall not descend after him. Though while he lived he blessed his soul: and men will praise thee, when thou doest well to thyself. He shall go to the generation of his fathers; they shall never see light. Man that is in honour, and understandeth not, is like the beasts that perish.
Psalm 49:15-20

2 Comments:

At 4:23 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

They are giving you much too much to do there. That is too many babies for you to be responsible for. You should get another type job. Maybe something where you could get out and meet other people your own age.

 
At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, for one, admire your honesty, and I hope they will too. THE DAYCARE should have a system in place for doing head-counts during a drill. They are the ones ultimately responsible for every child there.

I work at an elementary school and know that we have lots of "procedures" in writing for drills. Perhaps your daycare needs similar ones.

Anyway, thank goodness it was a drill. And really, isn't that what a drill is for? You know that you'll never make that mistake again, so in effect, the drill did its job.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home