He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, April 27, 2008

This weekend has come to an end. Today, I went out to eat with my son and daughterinlaw. We went to the Lonestar Steakhouse. I had a grilled pork chop, at a steak house, but it was on the menu. It has been a while since I had any thing pork. With it, I had the dinner salad and steak fries of course. I love potatoes of any kind. I don't usually get a baked potato because the size they serve at restaurants are a meal by their selves. I can't even eat all the fries they serve with a meal. I love their ranch salad dressing. They make it their selves and it is so much better than the bottled ranch. My new goal is to search the web for recipes and start making my own.

Friday, I came home from work to find the biggest snake I have ever seen on my front porch. I know it was over three feet long. My first shriek was "rattlesnake!" I went back down the steps to put some distance between us and to calm down. I moved a few foot steps to the left so I could keep an eye on it and try to figure out what to do next. That is when I saw that it didn't have any rattlers on it's tail. It's head wasn't triangular but it wasn't round either. To me it looked liked the head of the pythons I have seen for sale in pet stores. It kept on slithering down the wheel chair ramp and went under the house. When it made it to the ground, I bolted for the door and got inside to safety. I have searched the internet but I still haven't identified the snake. I am thinking possibly a rat snake.

*******************************

Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children; for blessed are they that keep my ways. Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not. Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates waiting at the posts of my doors. For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favor of the Lord. But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul; all they that hate me love death.
Proverbs 8:32-36

2 Comments:

At 4:18 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

EEK, I hate snakes!

 
At 7:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH my, how brave you are Mrs. P. I hate snakes. Awk! Did you call animal control, just in case. So they can check it out for you?

I am glad you got to go out and eat. You need a little sunshine in your very difficult stress of life.

God bless you Mrs. P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home