He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Saturday, August 01, 2009

August is here, the days are going by fast. I am waiting for cooler temperatures. I take my class outside in the mornings and the heat index is already high. The children keep asking to go back inside. I usually give in after twenty minutes when half of them are sitting by me. By law we have to give them outside play unless it is raining.

I am just now getting most of my class to stay sitting when I have to leave the room. At first I would come back and find all but maybe two running everywhere, sometimes a few would be standing in the hall. The constant chatter was another thing I didn't like but accepted. My other two classes did not do these things.

Yesterday I was told that five of my children would be promoted to the 4's and 5's classroom because five of that class was dropping from daycare. That means I will be getting immature three year olds that were just promoted from the two year old classroom. That means they are not completely potty trained and I will be dealing with accidents when my classroom is not equipped with a toilet and sink like the other three year old classroom. My children have to go down the hall to a separate bathroom and when I have to clean the little one's up after an accident I have to leave the room. I mentioned this to my supervisor and all she said was "I don't know what to tell you, we have to fill the classrooms."

Normally, I would have the children till next summer when we promote the children that will be starting kindergarten to what we call the afterschool program. Then we promote my class to the 4 and 5 year old class and I would get the potty trained three year olds that would have their four year birthday while in my class.

It seems that the rules are being changed too often. About the time I think I have figured out how to work with a problem that was given me, I get handed another one.

**********************************

All nations whom thou hast made shall come and worship before thee, O Lord; and shall glorify thy name. For thou art great, and doest wondrous things: thou art God alone. Teach me thy way, O Lord; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name. I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore. For great is thy mercy toward me: and thou hast delivered my soul from the lowest hell.
Psalm 86:9-13

3 Comments:

At 5:48 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

I know it's not easy at this point in time, but you really have to look for something else, while still keeping your present job. They are really taking advantage of your good nature, by giving you such impossible things to put up with.

 
At 8:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no, so many rule changes. Not the un potty trained again! By the way, how do you ever get kids to stay in their seats when you leave the room? Is there someone else with them when you leave?

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Mrs. P said...

One of rules I am having a huge problem with is "when I leave the room-stay sitting and quiet", my last two classes I could leave for a couple of minutes and not worry. Some of this class forgets I am even in the room and I have to keep reminding them it is my classroom and not theirs. When these certain kids see me walk through the door way they take full advantage and lead a mutiny. If I have to go to the bathroom I have to bring the class and let them sit in the hall and wait for me. I am figuring out different ways to make it through the day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home