He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Monday, August 09, 2010

It has been a while since I posted. The heat is relentless. All I really want to say over and over, even in the evening, it is too hot and I am tired of sweating. I stay hot at work and at home. It is better inside the house even though the air conditioner can only keep the house around eighty five. I keep fans blowing on my face all the time. When I move away from the fans I immediately start sweating. It is miserable but I know it could get worse. I could get without electricity. I shouldn't complain because I know lots of people earn their living outside in the extreme heat. I honestly don't know how they survive it. Being hot all the time takes everything out of me. I need the weekends to re energize myself.

I just got back from St.Paul, Minnesota where I was visiting with my oldest son and his wife . The weather was wonderful, you could stay outside all the time. I really didn't want to come back to Louisiana.

My newest song that I listen to is Todd Agnew's Grace Like Rain. His version of the song Amazing Grace reminds me, "they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.




********************

When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

1 Corinthians 13:11-13

1 Comments:

At 9:01 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

I am glad you are okay Mrs. P. I was getting worried about you. We are all having the heat problem, but I am able to keep my AC at 77. I am sorry you must suffer so from the heat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home