He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Friday, April 30, 2004

Is this a bad dream?



I have an example of what I was talking about in yesterday's post. Next week is K.'s vacation from work. I told my parents about it and my dad calls me this morning to give me his opinion. It seems he doesn't consider my husband's vacation as mine. He informs me that I don't need to go anywhere with K. My dad wants me to go with him next week to get the brakes on his truck fixed. And he will take me somewhere to eat. And we can do something else if I want to. His plans are suppose to make me jump for joy and forget all about a vacation.

This is the type of treatment I am trying to figure out. What I want for myself is not even considered. Everybody I am in contact with appear to believe my thoughts and feelings are of no consequence. If I tell them what I think about a situation, they laugh and pay it no mind, ignore me totally, or they proceed to tell me in a very loud voice, that their thoughts and feelings are more important than mine.

If someone asks me how I feel or what I want; after I tell them, they say, "you don't want that" or "you can't feel like that." And if I try to stand firm and say yes I do, they just grin and laugh or get angry.

I can't figure it out and it is really driving me crazy. Now, I find myself wanting to avoid everyone. I don't like having to explain every thing I do. Why can't I just say no and have no questions asked. If I tell someone I don't want to go with them; they come back with, "why not you have nothing else to do?"

What can't people take me seriously? That is what I need to think about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home