He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Monday, April 12, 2004

Awesome movie



I didn't know what to expect because Tom Cruise is not one of my favorite actors. I was completely surprised to find myself enthralled at the beginning. I think the wonderful musical score added to my being caught up with each scene. The Last Samurai is based on an actual event that happened in 1876. This very interesting fact made the movie all the more awesome for me.

The code of honor that the samuria practiced is what we all really need to live by. Tom Cruise's character was a decorated war hero but he did not feel that he was a hero. He learned about honor as a prisoner of war when he was captured by the samurai.

I was not taught about this "code of honor" growing up. A television show, Kung Fu, opened my eyes to this special way of living. Television can be a wonderful teaching tool. :) I believe the example of life I saw more of was "taking care of numero uno" as I was growing up. It is still in practice around here.

The Last Samurai is a spectacular movie. I give it a "10".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home