He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Saturday, April 17, 2004

Romans 8



I wonder at times what God has predestined for me. I feel that I stepped off the path He had prepared for me. And that I hindered Him too long in getting my feet placed back. My heart stays heavy because I feel He has turned His face from me.

I find myself turning to Romans to read again Paul's conflict of flesh and spirit. I feel as Paul stated; "For I delight in the law of God after the inward man; But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members."

My mind tells me I am doing the will of God. When something does not turn out as I expected, I find myself confused and thinking that I was doing my will and not waiting for guidance. These past years I have been quick to accept ideas that come to mind as guidance from God. Other times when I feel in my heart that I am suppose to act upon an idea; I falter and drag my feet. My heart is telling me what I should be doing and I am at loss as how to make it happen.

I tell myself if God wants me to do something then He will make it happen. I know that is not always true. The person that God wants to help me may be dragging their feet, too. At the same time, by dragging my feet I am hindering another person. This makes me feel loathsome. But I know if God wants it to be then it shall be. I must wait upon the Lord.

O Praise the Lord, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people. For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the Lord endureth for ever. Praise ye the Lord. Ps. 117:1-2

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home