He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Monday, August 16, 2004

Long Day



I didn't get home until 7pm today. Everything seem to be in slow gear at the charity. I had a 2:30 appointment. But didn't see the doctor until 5:00. My neck was beginning to bother me and I had my first headache since the surgery. It was an awful day.

The tumor was benign; praise Jesus. The cut is healing but my neck is still limited in movement. The doctor said I can start putting neosporin ointment on it. I gave more of my blood today so they can measure the calcium level since the removal of the parathyroid gland.

I have lost 12 1/2 pounds since I was weighed the morning of surgery. I am wondering if the removal of the tumor caused this or the all liquid diet. Will I gain the weight back when I go back to eating? I don't want to gain it all back; I don't want to drink broth the rest of my life neither. I guess I'll worry about it if the weight starts coming back and just enjoy my clothes fitting right now.

My name is on the waiting list for an appointment at the endocrine clinic. I was told I should hear from them soon. Just have to wait and see.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home