He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Monday, September 20, 2004

Computer Up and Going Again



I have been without my computer for five days. Last year I don't think I could have handled it. I know my emotions are getting better 'cause I did okay.

Last month it was my internet provider. But I could still use my other programs. This time my windows program crashed and I had to do a full recovery. I had been having weird problems with the computer and had been working with tech support via the email. And my son gave me advice over the phone. I wasn't prepared to lose everything. The tech support instructed me to do a "non-destructive recovery" and to make sure I did a back up disk. Well, with my meager computer knowledge when the computer did not "recover" I lost everything and I'm starting from scratch and I am still trying to re-download all my stuff and find all my favorites. The back up cd's I made only had the "shortcuts" not the programs itself. HaHa, I'm still learning!!!

Since I am not very computer literate, I called around to find a repair shop and the fee started at $75 dollars an hour. One place said a $150 fee. All I could think was there goes my past time; I can't afford to get it fixed. Then I called the support center for my computer to see what they said. I had called once before but declined when they said there would be a fee. That is why I had been getting email help for free. The hp center asked for a $40 fee. But that was for support until the problem was solved, not by the hour, so I agreed and charged it. Then the technical advisor told me I would need to purchase a set of recovery cd's for $36.95. Okay, now we're talking $76.95; decisions, decisions. Still, that is less than what the repair shops were asking and the tech guy promised me I could do it myself with his help and I really did want my computer back just for the freecell card game, if I couldn't get back online. So, I sheepishly tell him, okay, okay, put it on the same credit card.

I have only been computing for three years and sometimes I wonder what I did all them other years. When I first got the computer I went online for email to keep in touch with my son and daughter in law and for some cooking and craft web sites. And I love to play freecell. My oldest son talked me into starting a blog. He felt that writing about my problems and feelings would help me. It is sort of like a journal or diary. I have come to see things in a different way as I try to put my feelings into words and then read them. And I have found that certain Bible verses come to mind as I pray and write. It was hard at first, knowing that someone might read my thoughts.

I did delete my first blog. I was terribly embarrassed and afraid that someone that knew me might stumble across my words. Those days after I stopped writing, I kept going to the computer to write something. I would go online and suddenly remember I didn't have a page anymore. A wave of disappointment would wash over me. I considered pen and ink, but was more afraid that K. would stumble across my written words. I sat at the computer and visited the blogs that I regularly read. I was fast becoming a blog addict. HaHa I started my new blog and fell into html hell again. I still don't understand html or all that stuff connected with it. But it is on my mind constantly. I dream in html codes. HaHa It is true!!! I lose pieces of my dream because I can't remember the code! HaHaHa

I really love to visit with other bloggers. I love to look at other people's page set ups. I want to learn so much more html. I feel that some blogger's are so open with their feelings. I am so amazed at the beautiful words they use expressing their emotions. Blogging has helped me an awful lot. I am so glad to have my computer again. Now, if I can find all my favorites I'll be as happy as a 'possum eating grapes!

************************************************************************************

Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen
Philippians 4:20

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home