He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, June 12, 2005

The hot weather is finally here. The heat index has been in the hundreds for almost two weeks. As soon as you walk out the door the humidity takes your breath away. Tropical storm Arlene made a turn and missed us; we were lucky this time.

I did something today that I haven't been able to do for years. I actually cut our grass with a push mower. Yea for me!!!! I had to quit cutting the grass several years ago. I kept trying but my heart would pound hard and fast, I would get short of breath and my legs would get wobbly as jello. Yesterday, we were given a mower, thank you Jesus, and I have been getting some really great exercise while making the yard look good.

My heart and soul has been feeling heavy for K. He is still not talking about the cancer but he is always reaching out and grabbing my hand and telling me he loves me. His eyes are filled with sadness that I try real hard to replace with the laughter that attracted me to him thirtyone years ago. I can get a smile on his face but it doesn't always reach his eyes.

************************************************************************************

Bless the Lord, O my soul; and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits; Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases; Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies; Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so thy youth is renewed like the eagle's. The Lord executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.
Psalms 103:1-6

3 Comments:

At 3:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray for you Mrs. P!

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

I'm glad you have the strength to mow! Are you feeling better physically? Do you think it is the higher dose of calcium and the new diet?

The birds are praying for your and K's health, Mrs. P. Take care of yourself as well as him.

 
At 9:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I prayed for you and K at church today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home