He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Friday, May 27, 2005

K has lost around thirty pounds. Since he won't talk about his diagnosis, I don't know if the reason is emotional or physical. His eating habits changed in March when he first started experiencing pain in his side. He says he fills full with a smaller amount of food now. With us still not getting much information from the doctors, it upsets me.

I am at odds because I don't know if I should show extra concern or be as abnoxious as my normal self; if you understand what I mean. Since K is showing a front of everything is the same, is this what I should do too? I want to scoop him up and shower him with loads of tender loving care; but......that is not what I normally do and he would know the difference. Yes, I do take care of him but I want to do much much more but I don't want to be that obvious.

Went outside to walk and there was one of the snakes staring up at me. I had reached the point where I was comfortable not watching where I was stepping and almost put my foot on it. Ugh!!! I tried to keep walking but I was so scared I turned around and made a wide detour around the snake and went back inside. I was afraid I would encounter the other two snakes like I used to do. It is a little much when I have all three of them around me.

***********************************************************************************

Out of the depths have I cried unto thee, O Lord. Lord, hear my voice: let thine ears be attentive to the voice of my supplications. If thou, Lord, shouldest mark iniquities, O Lord, who shall stand? But there is forgiveness with thee, that thou mayest be feared. I wait for the Lord, my soul doth wait, and in his work do I hope. Psalms 130:1-5

2 Comments:

At 6:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my opinion just act yourself. Anything else will make him nervous. I am no expert, so I may be wrong. But that is how I would feel.

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Oh, dear! Unless K is very overweight and has been told to lose weight NOW, this is not a good time for him to diet. He can use the extra pounds to help him through cancer treatments.

I have a suggestion for you. How about you get a notebook and write all the things you want to say to K. You don't have to keep it a secret. Maybe leave it lying around, in case he wants to take a peek. This way you can get out all the "I love yous" that are bursting inside you without overwhelming him. Sometimes men don't seem to want too much emotion, you know?

You could try it, anyway. It might be good for you, in case you start forgetting things. You can go back and re-read about all the love in your heart. Anyway, it can't hurt and it's a little more private and personal than the blog.

But we birds hope you'll still blog, too!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home