He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, January 15, 2006

It has been a long week. I am very tired today, physically and emotionally. I did a small amount of major house cleaning yesterday; I chose to be a couch potato this morning.

Work began this year with children being promoted to the next level. Since I am working in the creeper room, ages 8 months to a year old. My children, who had started walking, were promoted to the toddler room. Now I have children that are just starting to crawl. This should have made it easier for me but I have two children that I have to give breathing treatments and all my babies are sick and are crying constantly and they are all wanting to be held and rocked or held and packed around. It has been emotionally draining listening to six crying children all week. I dread going back to work tomorrow. For some reason the daycare director allows the children to stay at the center has long as they are not running a temperature. But to my notion they are still passing their sickness around and everyone is staying sick.

I had finally gotten well and had enjoyed not being sick for only three days. Last wednesday I woke up coughing. Yesterday the medicine I had to start taking again finally kicked in and I have slacked off coughing but I am still congested.

The sun has been shining and it looks beautiful outside. But the wind has been gusting and chilly. I have braved the elements just to go outside and watch the hawks gliding across the cerulean sky, riding the wind. I close my eyes and imagine....if I only had wings......I could fly away from here.....and.....

2 Comments:

At 6:33 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Ah, Mrs. P, the first year working with kids is the worst. A pediatrician friend was sick for the entire first year she was in practice.

A couple of years ago I was sick on and off (mostly on) from November through March, as the kids I was teaching sneezed and coughed all over me. Another instructor and I started posting notices suggesting it would be best for the children if they stayed home when ill. Really it was for our benefit, but how could we say with tact: STAY HOME, YOU'RE MAKING US SICK!

(To put it in perspective, I caught everything even though I only worked with kids 2 hours per week. I can't imagine how you can stay well working with so many sick ones all the time!)

 
At 5:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's okay to be a couch potato on Sunday, it's the Lord's day and a day of rest.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home