He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Friday, May 13, 2011

Last saturday dad fell and broke his hip. He wouldn't go the emergency room; he said he was only bruised. Sunday, mother's day, my sisters and I and a friend of the family loaded him into the car and took him. I wasn't surprised to hear the doctor say the hip was broken. It was broken in three places and because dad had moved around on the broken bones he had muscle damage that had to be repaired along with the partial hip replacement.

He is not taking the hospital stay very well. He keeps trying to leave. He is combative with mom and the nurses. He was moved to an extended care facility this evening. He told us he will stay for one week and then he is going home.

I had to go back to the doctor. I have a sinus infection again. The doctor is giving me a different antibiotic. When I am well he is going to do some blood work.

Please pray for mom and dad.

*************************

But as for me, my prayer is unto thee, O Lord, in an acceptable time: O God, in the multitude of thy mercy hear me, in the truth of thy salvation. Deliver me out of the mire, and let me not sink: let me be delivered from them that hate me, and out of the deep waters. Let not the waterflood overflow me, neither let the deep swallow me up, and let not the pit shut her mouth upon me. Hear me, O Lord; for thy lovingkindness is good: turn unto me according to the multitude of thy tender mercies. And hide not thy face from thy servant; for I am in trouble: hear me speedily.

Psalm 69:13-17

3 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mrs. P,

I will pray for your parents and for you! I am so sorry about your dad's accident, and that you are still having health problems!

Grannybird

 
At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH no, poor dad and your poor mom as well. So sorry about the situation.

I hope your sinus infections clears up soon. I had real bad sinus for a few days, so I took Benadryl at night and it helped. Thankfully. Have you tried that at all? I can't take it during the day, or I would be zonked out.

Are you able to go to work or are you home sick?

Ethel, from the birdies one hundred.

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better Mrs. P! How are your parents doing?

Grannybird

 

Post a Comment

<< Home