He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Author, Author!!




I was going to post a picture of my "lil' bit of texas" but can't put my hands on my digital camera. I can't find it and I always kept it in the same place. It grew legs and walked off I guess. I'll keep looking.

I have my cacti planted and some big rocks scattered amongst them. The windmill turns all the time; I'm thinking about finding a big wind chime to hang on it. Plus I want to find some flowers to plant around the windmill, I would like to have some color on the mound. I have lots of ideas.

I want to mention one of my favorite authors, James Lee Burke. In 1998 I received an autographed copy of Sunset Limited. Immediately I connected with the main character, Dave Robicheaux. To me he is a down to earth hero. I found out that Burke had a series of Robicheaux books and I proceeded to find and read all of them. I began collecting them and I wanted hard back; not paper back. But the books were between 200 to 600 dollars. Most of his books are out of print and hard to find. I began searching for paper backs instead and I only have two more to get. In my collection I have some hard back and some paper back.

On Burke's web site, I found where he offered a tourist map of the city, New Iberia, where he has lived and bases his Dave Robicheaux series. I have always wanted to go there and walk the streets Dave Robicheaux and James Lee Burke walked. I have my copy!!! Now, if I could find someone with transportation that would like to go with me. ...sigh....



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home