He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Thursday, September 23, 2004

Something New and Different



I love cooking. I love the eating part too. Haha I asked K. what he would like for supper and he said hotdogs. Nine times out of ten if I ask he will say hotdogs. NO imagination. One day we were at the store and I tell him he can have anything he wants for supper no question about the cost. Hotdogs, he says. He tells me to buy some weinies, get an extra pack.

Me, I like trying new things. That is why I like buffet style resturants. I can try a spoonful of everything. I have all kinds of cook books. And now I can go online and google up unlimited amounts of recipes. It is oodles of fun.

Soup is number one on my list of favorites. K. hates soup. But when the weather changes, like now, I crave soup. And I don't make small pots of soup. Today, I decided to experiment. The main ingredient I wanted was pumpkin. I have never had pumpkin soup. But I have been wanting to try it. Armed with a can of pumpkin, I googled for a recipe. There were all kinds, hot and sour, curried, creamy, savory. I didn't have the ingredients for most of them. The other thing I noticed was a lot of the recipes said pumpkin in the name but were made with butternut squash. But I found one, Cream Of Pumpkin. I had everything but the whipping cream. I substituted low fat milk and the soup is still delicious! The taste is similar to pumpkin cookies. I really like it. I can't wait to try another new soup! Bon Appetit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home