He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Thursday, October 21, 2004

The day I had my hair styled I talked with the beautician about coloring my hair. I have been coloring my own hair with Loving Clairol's semi-permanent color for years. But I have more white strands in my hair and the color I use takes on a pink tint after the first hair washing. I was considering going with a permanent color and was asking about costs. That day she was out of the color that she wanted for me and told me to check back this week.

I called her back and we were discussing costs and I asked her if I was going to get a lower cost for the color since she had all ready cut my hair. When she told me no the price was still the same that it didn't include the hair cut; I was shocked. I told her it was a good thing that she didn't have the color that day because I thought the price she quoted was for everything. God was watching over me that day.

Women in all walks of life should be able to go to a beauty shop if they want to. We all want to look out best and I feel that if my hair looks good, then I'm doing great. It is a shame that it costs so much and women have to do without. At least for me that is; I don't budget for a trip to the beauty shop. That isn't even on the list.

If I was a beautician, I would make sure that I could help everyone. Some how or another I would make myself available to every woman and child even if I had to go to their homes to do their hair. And I would also want to be able to show them how to do their make up inexpensively if they were interested.

At least that is how I feel. I know outward beauty is not suppose to be important. But I know that looking my best helps me in my daily walk.

*************************************************************************************

Go to now, ye that say, Today or tomorrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, If the Lord will, we shall live, and do this, or that.
James 4:13-15










0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home