He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Monday, October 11, 2004

Who Would Have Guessed?



I have still trying to figure out who is at fault. Me, for not asking enough questions, the doctor for having too many patients, or for the powers that be for having a screwed up system. It is scary for me; that I have to keep going to charity. I do know that all hosipitals and clinics make mistakes but when it happens to me; I tend to forget every one else.

I finally get to the endocrine clinic. I had my height measured today. The last time that was done, I was being measured for my high school graduation gown. I have shrunk an inch and a half and I have gained seventy pounds since my senior year. This morning at nine o'clock my blood pressure was 168/88. {Sigh.......}

I told the doctor about my muscle spasms and severe leg cramps and facial twitches and headache. I told her that for a month and a half after surgery I felt great. Then I started feeling like I did before surgery. She tells me I am taking too much calcium and have too much calcium in my body. I told her I was taking what the surgeon instructed me to take. Now I have to wean my body from calcium. November fifth I go back to the lab to give more blood to see if I have the correct amount of calcium in my blood.

I ask her if it is possible that my weight problem might be a thyroid problem. This young thin doctor gives me a smirk and says, "oh, you can't blame that on your thyroid." My posture corrected its self and I looked her in the eye and explained, "excuse me, my other doctor suggested the idea to me and also the surgeon told me that the surgery might help. I have changed my eating habits tremendously over the years and I am just asking a question." Then she gets serious and we talk counting calories and exercise and I am doing all that. That is why I am confused.

During the two weeks after surgery I lost twelve pounds. But I couldn't eat because by throat was sore from the tube. I drank broth and ate jello and my stomach cramped because it was so empty. I have lost weight before from starvation dieting and as soon as I added a salad to the liquid diet; I gained weight again.

To get my blood pressure under control, I have to lose weight. That's the bottom line.

GrannysDaughter, I have been meaning to tell you about my pedometer. I am so glad you have one. I bought an inexpensive one I came across at walmart. The only peeve I have about it is, it only wants to work when I am wearing bluejeans. When I clip it to the waist of my sweat pants, it will not count steps. ARGHHHHHHH!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home