He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Friday, October 08, 2004

Creating Again



I feel so much better when I come to my little space on the web and find caring comments from ya'll. I would like to visit your pages and learn a little of your daily lives. Do any of you have a blog?

I have been doing some extra eating; I cook to add joy to my world and that involves eating. Eating causes the battle of the bulge; and the circle of dieting continues. I made QuiltyBird's tortilla soup and we will be eating it more often. Even K. enjoyed it; well anything that has chips and cheese is a winner with him. I didn't add cheese to my bowl of soup, it was delicious straight from the pot.

Tonight I made creamy chicken spinach soup. I don't know how K. will react to this one. Probably won't even try it. He will have to make do with a sandwich. I found the recipe in a weight watchers cookbook my sister gave me. The book is titled "5 Ingredient 15 Minute Cookbook" and it has some great stuff in it. This soup uses a package of refrigerated cheese tortellini which I replaced with a bag of dry tortellini. It was my one extravagance at the grocery store. With the tortellini you use frozen spinach, cream of chicken soup, diced chicken, chicken broth, milk and seasonings. If you are not a fan of spinach, you will not like this soup. I love spinach and usually eat it one way or another at least twice a week. I love this soup! This is my first time to buy tortellini. I will have to shop around for an inexpensive version or find a substitute. Any ideas?

I have finally started a craft project. I haven't made anything in some time and it feels good to do something constructive. I am crocheting an afghan using a pattern from an old Leisure Arts leaflet I bought in 1984. The pattern is the v-stitch shell. It works up pretty fast. I am doing it in hunter green and a variegated yarn that has the colors mauve, navy, hunter green, tan, and brown. I decided to add a row of the variegated for two out of ten rows of the v-stitch and as the single stitch row between each shell row. It is coming together nicely. I tried to post a picture of the yarn but my ftp site was not being recognized by my software program. Some kind of glitch I will have to figure out. I will definitely try to show you the finished product.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home