He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Saturday, October 02, 2004

Healthy or What?



I am getting creative in the exercise business. Or I guess you could say I am trying to add more moving around to my love of sedentary life. I am a crafter and that involves a lot of butt time not feet time. My love of cooking does keep me on my feet but there is no aerobics involved.

I did find out that there is still some zip in my hips. I can keep a hula hoop up and twirling without throwing my back out! HaHaHa My five year old niece really got a kick out of watching me play with her hula hoop.

Most articles on exercise state that a person does not need to own gym equipment to get a good workout. Everything you need is already right in your own home. I was reading about walking being the best exercise for heart health and it helps with weight loss. And walking is something I don't mind doing. I read that from 2000-2500 steps equals a mile depending on your stride. I bought a pedometer instead of a treadmill. I found out I can average 2 miles a day. I do my walking by circling my house when the weather is good and on rainy days I have a hall way I walk up and down until I do my 2 miles. I am getting a little faster and I hope to be up to 3 miles real soon. I try to do crunches for my abs but I don't think I do enough of them to amount to anything. I want to get into lifting weights for bone health but right now I think I will stick to walking for heart health.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home