He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Thursday, September 30, 2004

Drug Recall



I read an article this morning about the drug recall of Vioxx. You would think by now that companies knew better than to offer a drug until it is thoroughly tested. There has been enough law suits to show them what will happen after families have lost love ones because of bad medicine. My brother in law takes Vioxx. The article mentioned that Celebrex is being watched. I have three family members that take Celebrex.

I know that all drugs have side effects. I had been a person that rarely used medicine if at all possible. I started taking prescription medicine for my headaches. I went as long as I could with just using aspirin and acetaminophen and then ibuprofen. When nothing gave me relief; I went to the doctor. Now I also take three other prescriptions; one to regulate my heartbeat and two to lower my blood pressure. I don't want to take them but I know I have life threatening health problems. The list of side effects for each one is terrible and scary. The question I ask myself sometimes is do I want to die from my health problems or from the side effects from the drugs that are suppose to help me with my health problems? I keep taking the pills every day because I don't have an answer for the question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home