He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Tuesday, September 28, 2004

God is with us



I hope that the hurricanes are over with for the rest of the season. I haven't heard from everyone yet, I pray that God has not taken anyone home. I pray to hear some news soon.

I have finally calmed down a little; with the help of God. I was on the verge of a pity party but counted blessings instead. Some of my old aches and pains have come back, especially the awful headache. Migraine prescriptions make the pain bearable. The difference this time is it has not become a daily headache as before the surgery. It was only for two days. For years I have gone to bed with a headache and woke up with one. My fear is that it will be like that again. The surgeon told me they removed the tumor not the conditions that caused it and that the possibility of another occurring was strong. Naturally there was no guarantee that all my health problems were caused by the tumor.

Quilty Bird asked about my sewing habits. I enjoy crafting but I have sewn clothes and one of my favorites is the pajama pants. You can find fabric to match any personality or a child's favorite character these days. And it is so easy to match the fabric with a pull on shirt. Fun, fun, fun!!!! I like making elastic waist pants for myself. I am a denim freak but I like the soft fabrics you can get now that are just wash and wear. Simplicity patterns are my favorite; the instructions are easier for my brain to comprehend. I have bought several of the Easy patterns that McCall's makes. The fewer pattern pieces; the better it is for me! HaHa I have tried my hand at quilting but I have only made pillow covers. Too many little pieces for me to cut out and sew. I applaud all quilters!!!!!

Crocheting is my thing. I have crocheted quilt pattern afghans and I love, love, love it!!! I have not crocheted anything to wear though, again I like the craft items. I enjoy making doll clothes, christmas decorations, stuffed animals, doilies, but afghans are my all time favorite.

I have not done anything creative in a long time. That is when I knew something was seriously wrong with me. I had to stop crocheting because my fingers were locking up on me. I noticed too that I couldn't keep track of my stitches. I lost the desire to do everything. I was almost a vegetable; well I became a couch potato. :) I was in front of the tv but I wasn't really watching it, I was just there.

I still haven't started any projects but I am planning an afghan for my son's fiance. I have a list of the colors that she likes and I am going through my patterns. As soon as I get to walmart, I will get the yarn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home