He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

I have had my head stuck in my cook books; looking for inspiration on some new quick bread recipes and candy recipes. Last year I averaged around 200 dollars a month selling my quick breads. During the holidays I made up some "cookies in a jar" mix and sold those. I didn't make a big profit on them because I had to buy the jars. I was going to save mayo jars for this year but my brain hasn't been working too good. I just remembered the other day about the jars. Towards the end of last year I was getting tired easily and slacked off on my bread making. Now I average around 100 dollars a month. I am trying to get my sells back up. I can't seem to get myself back on task.

I find that I am still loosing my concentration. In the mornings while I am drinking my first cup of coffee my mind wanders off and before I realize it my coffee has grown cold and an hour has slipped by. I'll be busy and then I'll be sitting on the couch doing nothing. I am not my old self. If this doctor tells me everything is looking good I have to find another doctor that will help me get back to normal.

I have decided to make candy to sell this holiday season. I am looking for recipes that are inexpensive to make so I can make a bigger profit than I do with my bread.

This year I want to make a fruit cake. I was reading the recipes for fruit cakes and I am amazed at the variety of ingredients that people use. I found this interesting site for fruit cakes. I just assumed they were made with the candied fruits that I have seen in the grocery stores; but that is not the case. Granny never made fruit cakes; her specialty was pies. Mom didn't either. I guess because she never liked them and dad didn't ask her to make any. K.'s dad's family has a cake they make for the holidays that they call a fruit cake. Actually the only fruit in it is blackberry jam and another name for the recipe is "jam cake". I found the exact recipe in one of my cook books. K.'s family has been making this cake for over fifty years. It is a delicious cake.

Well it is back to the kitchen for me. I have to get some bread in the oven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home