He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Monday, November 01, 2004

Monday, November 1st, another month and week started. I can not figure out where the past ten months have gone. It feels like I just boxed up all the christmas decorations and sat down to drink a cup of tea; I turn on the tv to watch the weather station and at the bottom of the screen it says, November 1, 2004. It is shocking, I have almost lived through another whole year. The only thing I have accomplished is to gain twenty pounds. And that is something I don't wish to share. At the beginning of this year, I told myself I was definitely going to make some changes because I could not continue to just be alive; I want to live.

I made one change; I reached out for help. I went to a doctor. I was glad to find out that some of my problem was physical. I am still trying to get that part of my life resolved. The new year that is just around the corner hopefully will bring answers to my over all well being.

In answer to a question, the chair is not here. Where it is at, I don't know because I didn't ask.

I took the dress apart, made my pattern and finally managed to sew the dress back together. Whew, that took all my brain power. I don't think I'll tackle dress making for a while.

I want to mention that if you take the measurements as suggested in the pattern directions you pretty well guarantee that what you make will fit. You can't really go by the size of the pattern. That is why they give places to make adjustments.

I have been practicing knitting. Granny taught me when I was little but crocheting is my stress reliever. Well, it was at one time because I could do it without thinking. Things are different now. I was watching diy network and saw a segment where they were knitting a hat. It looked like an easy thing to do, she said all you needed was one skein of yarn and I have all kinds of yarns. I went to the computer and made a copy of the instructions and went to my yarn stash and found my knitting needles and a skein of yarn and tried and tried and wow it is not easy.

I couldn't hold the needles right. Year before last, I showed my niece how to knit and I can't understand why it seems like greek to me now. There are so many things I can't do any more. The simple things are not simple anymore. I have to remind myself to focus. Sometimes that doesn't help. I might have the hat made in time for christmas. HaHaHa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home