He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

I thought I had this grass cutting chore mastered. Now I have a new problem. My hands. They hurt when I am gripping the lawn mower handle. As soon as I let go, my hands stop hurting. And my hands never hurt otherwise, only when I cut grass. It is a pain I can deal with. I just find the hand thing very strange.

Last night I slept for almost twelve hours. I went to bed before 10 and fell asleep before my head touched the pillow. I was shocked when I woke up and looked at the clock this morning and it was 9:45. It threw my whole day off. I was late testing my blood and starting my carb counting. I should have already used 45 carbs. This diabetic stuff is hard to grasp. I would like to know if you do miss a meal, are you suppose to add those carbohydrates to your next meal or skip them that day? Plus I haven't been told what my blood glucose level is suppose to be. It fluctuates every day, it is never the same for two days straight. None of this was explained to me; I learnt most of what I know by searching the diabetic web sites.

I have lost four inches in my waist. That was where most of my weight gain had been. I have been fighting temptation to buy new clothes. I am not into my old summer clothes but I know eventually I will be. So I know I need to wait and same money for more important things that will be coming.

It is hard to believe that by balancing my blood sugar level I can lose and maintain my weight. For two years I had been on zero carbs and gaining weight. Then I find out that I am diabetic and my body needs carbohydrates. And that is what caused my sudden weight gain.

K has been getting nauseated when he gets hot. The air conditioner where he works doesn't really keep the place comfortable. He has to call someone in to relieve him until he feels better. I know that nausea is one of the side effects of the Zoladex the urologist prescribed. But I really don't know for sure if that is the reason he is getting an upset stomach. Seems like he would have been nauseous the first day he started the treatment. His skin tone is changing also. Several people have noticed and made comments.

I have been keeping a tight rein on my emotions but it is getting harder to do when K is going through a lot of physical changes.

***************************************************************************************

Hungry and thirsty, their soul fainted in them. Then they cried unto the Lord in their trouble, and he delivered them out of their distresses. And he led them forth by the right way, that they might go to a city of habitation. Oh that men would praise the Lord for his goodness, and for his wonderful works to the children of men!
Psalm 107:5-8

2 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen!

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Mrs. P, do you wear gloves when you mow? Maybe some padded work gloves would help. I find that the leather work gloves they sell at Costco and Home Depot help when I rake (I don't mow).

I don't know anything about controlling diabetes, except that it is VITAL that you control your glucose. I found a good link for you, though. It is the National Diabetes Education Program, which is part of NIH.

For K, here's the link to the Zoladex web site, the NIH info on Zoladex, and NIH info on prostate cancer. I hope all goes well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home