He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Thursday, June 16, 2005

There was a thunderstorm this afternoon and the electricity was off for about an hour. After it came back on; I went around resetting all the digital clocks that go flashing when we lose power. I have one in every room and I don't have battery back up with all of them. I don't always have spare batteries for the ones that are battery back up. In the kitchen I have to reset the answer machine, coffee maker, micro-wave and stove. Quite a chore, indeed. I was resetting the one I have by my computer and I decided to go online and do some blogging before I started supper.

I couldn't get online. Drat!!! I knew I was going to have to call my internet provider and see what was going on and I so hate doing that. It is all this "press 1 and press 2" and waiting for the next available person and your call may last 30 minutes. Today, I had a surprise. I was helped my another computer. I didn't know it at first. She has a real nice polite voice. She was giving me instructions and telling me to answer with "continue" or "there is a problem". And me, of course, I was trying to talk to her. I noticed she kept telling me she didn't understand my answer and she would repeat the instruction and tell me to answer with "yes" or "no". Then it came to me; she wasn't going to say anything but what she was programmed to understand! It was awesome! I was able to fix my connection and then she asked me if I was satisfied using their new automated repair service and to answer with "yes" or "no" and would I use the automated repair service again. I didn't mind it because I didn't have stay on the phone that long waiting for the next available technician. But I do so like conversing with honest to God human beings.

3 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You don't mind communicating with birds, do you? We hope not!

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Mrs. P said...

I can't talk with my feathered friends, but I do so love communicating with them!!!! The world would be a sad place without birds. Hooray for birds and birdies 100!!!!!

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Father's Day to K from all the birds.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home