He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Monday evening I mowed part of the lawn. The heat index wasn't as high as usually is and I needed to get started back on the grass cutting. But I haven't wanted to go back out after work and cut more grass. It has to been done though.

We finally heard the results of K's barium x-ray and psa test. No polyps were found but the x-ray showed perforations in the colon. Again K was told to change his eating habits. And again K says no way. K's psa count dropped from 438 to 22. Now we are waiting to hear what the urologist will do next. We have an appointment tomorrow morning with him.

I have started back with my bread and candy making. I am trying to get as much in savings as I can. I had many requests for both. I am wanting to experiment with a sugar-free version of my banana nut bread; but I don't want to waste too much money on ingredients while I am trying recipes. Since I am eating sugar free foods my interest in sugar free desserts has peaked. There are many delicious desserts but I am at a loss as how to package and sell them.

I also have been applying for a grant to go back to school. I really don't know what subject to choose. I want to make sure what I study will be what I will enjoy doing. I know a lot of people that decide not to work in the field they went to school for. I don't want to make that mistake at my age.

Well it is time to start making some bread and doing some housework. This morning I had to be at work at 6:30; it has been a long day. I wanted to relax in front of the computer before I started on to do some of the necessary stuff around here.

2 Comments:

At 2:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you feeling better Mrs. K?

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Wow. K's PSA dropped a lot. Or, at least that sure SOUNDS like a big drop. Was he taking meds for it?

Did they tell you what causes perforations in the colon? I'm guessing they're telling K to eat more fiber -- those kind of docs always seem to recommend fiber. Maybe you should plant corn!

Do the test results mean that K does not have cancer? I hope so!

You can find lots of sugar free recipes on the internet. Be careful about using sugar substitutes. Some of them are not good for baking because heat breaks them down so they're no longer sweet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home