He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Saturday, April 15, 2006



I serve a risen Savior, He's in the world today;
I know that He is living, whatever men may say.
I see his hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer
and, just the time I need Him, He's always near.
He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with me along life's narrow way.
He lives, He lives salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?
He lives within my heart!


Alfred H. Ackley


Thank you Jesus for dying on the cross for me! I love to sing that song. The words mean so much to me.

It was a hard week at work. The children cried every day. I am glad the daycare closed for good friday even though I will have a short pay check.

It is so beautiful outside with the green leaves against the blue sky. The hummingbirds are back and I have my feeders out for them. I will be glad when the creepie crawlies are gone and I can sit outside without worrying something will get on me. I try to stay outside now but I am constantly on guard and I feel my blood pressure getting high. I have to rush inside and calm down.

The flowering hedges are in bloom and their heavy fragrance has my head aching and eyes and nose running. I may be getting whiplash from all the sneezing I do.

K gave me two easter lilies, one classic white and one soft yellow with brown stamens. He also gave me a card and what he wrote in it has me baffled. I didn't know how to respond and it is still on my mind. I know that we view things differently. But...., still...., he wrote, "I appreciate everything you have been doing for me." From my standpoint, I haven't been doing anything different for him now that I have done for thirtyone years. I don't know maybe it is just me.

The new medicine is keeping K nauseated. Not just nauseated, he has been throwing up. I don't want him to take anymore of it. I am glad we will be going to the oncologist tuesday so we can talk to him.


*******************************************

These are words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me. Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day: And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem. And ye are witnessed of these things. And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

St. Luke 24:44, 46-49

2 Comments:

At 8:31 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Happy Easter, Mrs. P!

I bet K just has a hard time expressing himself. That was probably his way of saying, "I love you." He may also be feeling a bit guilty for not being well enough to take care of you. Just give him a kiss, tell him you love him, and enjoy Easter. God bless you both.

 
At 4:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a blessed Easter Mrs. P.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home