He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Monday, March 20, 2006

According to the calendar it is the first day of spring. The leaves and grass are glowing in their bright new shade of green. I love the color of nature before it deepens.

K has another doctor's appointment thursday morning. He told me he feels like he is getting worse. I asked him how can he tell. He said for one thing he is weaker and second his pain is worse. He describes it as feeling like he is sitting in hot boiling water. He said the pain medicine eases it just a little now; but it is always there. He gets short of breath more often, too.

Last week we filed for disability. K tried to explain to the interviewer that he has to work even though it is very difficult for him because we have no other compensation coming in to pay our bills. She said, "I understand sir" but I worry that we will still be turned down. He has cut his hours to just 18 a week now. The interviewer said that he might qualify for partial disability working just that many hours. It is another program that social security has available. Several people have offered to sponsor a fund raiser if we are turned down and have to file an appeal. I have been getting as many hours as I can at work but it doesn't come close to the amount K was earning. Even if I was working 40 hours a week, I would only make a little over half of what K was earning. It is a very unsettling situation.

To stay busy and keep my mind occupied, I worked out in the yard this weekend and oh my goodness the snakes are back. EEEKKKKK!!!! And the creepy crawleys! They are every where. I am so afraid of one crawling on me and I don't know it. I don't like the idea of something on me unbeknownst to me. It spooks me out for some reason. I have battled with this fear all my life. I have run to mom screaming my lungs out many a time when I was little, thinking that something was on my back and I couldn't reach to knock it off. At school the boys knew of my fear and would sneak and put caterpillars and lizards on me.

Growing up was awful! Well, it is still awful, because I still have that fear. My sons used to rescue me all the time. hahaha They would hear me scream and come running to save me from the creepy crawleys. Since my boys have grown and moved, I just stay inside more until the caterpillars are gone for another year.

***********************************************

Thus saith the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches; But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord. Jeremiah 9:23-24

4 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like crawling things either.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

I bet you wish you had some Snake-Proof Chaps and Gaiters. Hahaha

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Quilty bird said...

When my son reached about 8 or 9 years old, I established a house rule that dealing with crawly/yucky things is "man's work". Anxious to prove his manhood, he has dealt with these matters ever since.

 
At 6:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that's a great idea, QB! -Granny's Granddaughter

 

Post a Comment

<< Home