He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Punxsutawney Phil says we will have six more weeks of mild weather. I hope that is true. Everything is budding and blooming around here. Today was gorgeous but gusty. I wanted to be up in the sky riding the wind. I told K I wanted him to tie a rope to me and let me float in the air. hahaha All he could say was I was too fat and I would never get off the ground. He has no imagination. Instead of riding the wind, I pulled out the weedeater and started a little yard work, boring but necessary. When I was finished my arms were shaky like jello. It is the strangest feeling.

My dad had a bad fall Tuesday. He was very lucky; he only had scrapes and bruises. He refused to go for an xray; just kept making jokes like, "you know concrete is hard." He did cooperate by not driving for a few days. Year before last, his neurologist told him he was entering the next phase of Parkinson's and that he would start falling easily. He has stumbled and fell a few times, this was his second worst or really bad fall.

This week was the first time I had real strong feelings about quitting my job. Everyday this week, all the kids were crying and inconsolable. Thursday, I had to fight to control my tears; I almost lost it. I fought the urge to call in sick yesterday. I told myself I needed a full paycheck and went to work and survived another week of taking care of babies. Thank goodness it is only four hours a day. But it is the four hours that all the kids are tired and unhappy. When I get there they have been inside this 18' x 18' room for eight hours all ready and they want their mothers. Naturally, they are going to be upset and whiny. Several of the parents make it in time to pick their children up in just under the 12 hour limit that the law allows for children to be in daycare a day. I know the mothers are not working twelve hour days because I know where they work. They go home from work and come get the kids right before we close. It is so sad. Only some of the parents come straight from work to pick up their kids. The children are there only as long as necessary. And when the mother or father is off of work, the children stay home.

K is getting weaker. I have talked to him about using the oxygen and reminded him that lack of oxygen in his blood is what put him in the hospital before. I hope that the oxygen will help him feel better and it is not the cancer getting worse. We will only know the answer if he will decide to start using the oxygen. I know he will get worse but I felt in my heart that we would have more time. He is considering filing for disability again. I will believe it when it happens. He is always mentioning it, but not following through. I told him I will do whatever he wants; it is his decision. I can only help if I know what he wants and needs.

*******************************************************

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of scornful. But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. Psalm 1:1-3

1 Comments:

At 6:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pray for the grace to do the right thing as far as working, and then do it! My prayers are with you and K.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home