He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Saturday, February 18, 2006

It has been unbelievably cold. Everything that had bloomed during the warm days; the frost killed. But that is what happens in the south. The weather can go hot and cold during the same day. You never know how to dress, when you get up in the morning.

My work days have improved. I think I am just learning how to grin and bear it a little better. My co-worker is looking for another job. We are a good team and I worry that I will have to work with someone I don't get along with when she leaves. I still want to go to school. I think about it all the time. I would really like to be a respiratory technician.

K is getting weaker and I have noticed that is getting forgetful. He will ask me a question and a few minutes later ask me the same question again. He doesn't remember whole conversations that we have. I know the reason could be emotional and not physical but it worries me.

I don't know how to talk to him; what to say to him to give him comfort. How do you offer comfort to a loved one that is dying? What words do you use? We need to talk seriously. We haven't done that. We haven't made plans for hospice care or his burial. We haven't even talked about it. He hasn't brought the subject up and I don't know the right words to mention it. He has never been a person to talk about his feelings or emotions.

************************************************

For thou wilt light my candle: the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness. For by thee I have run through a troop; and by my God have I leaped over a wall. As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is tried; he is a buckler to all those that trust in him. For who is God save the Lord? or who is a rock save our God? It is God that girdeth me with strength, and maketh my way perfect. Psalm 18:28-32

1 Comments:

At 4:28 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

I will continue to pray for you and K.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home