He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Another week gone in the month of September. A new year will be here before we get turned around. I can barely control my inner turmoil as I wait for the middle of October and K's first disability check. Every one has been blessing us with their continued support. I want to be able to know we can pay our bills on our own. I do thank God for friends and family that have been here for us with no strings attached because they love us.

The cancer is spreading again. The urologist told us the Zoladex is not working anymore. The next step in trying to control the cancer is to remove K's testicles to stop the production of testosterone. But there is no guarantee that it will work. K is willing to give it a try. He hasn't been scheduled for surgery; I am praying they will do it one day this month. K will have to stop taking the daily aspirin and when he does that, he risks a blood clot because of the cancer. I don't like the idea of the surgery. I have always heard that once they cut on a person with cancer; the cancer spreads like a wild fire. K wants to though.

Yesterday at lunch time, I decided to micro-wave one of those frozen pretzel that you can buy at the grocery store. You can probably guess what happened. I set the micro-wave to three minutes instead of thirty seconds. One of those crazy mistakes because my brain somehow sends two messages simultaneously. I am thinking one thing but my body does something similar to the brain message but wrong. I feel really goofy at times. My pretzel burned to a crisp and smoke filled the house, but the smoke detector did not go off. After I got the door and windows open, I tested the smoke alarm and the battery is still good. I bought this smoke alarm two years ago so I don't know what to think. The house was still stinky when I came home from work. And it is still stinky today.

************************************

Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. Matthew 7:1-5

3 Comments:

At 6:29 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

"I have always heard that once they cut on a person with cancer; the cancer spreads like a wild fire."

It's not true! Take it from one who has had surgery for cancer twice. It might seem that way in some cases, because when the patient is opened, the cancer has already spread to many parts of the body. It was not the surgery that did it, but the fact that it was already there.

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger Mrs. P said...

Thank you, grannybird for easing my mind. I feel much better knowing what I heard is a myth.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Mrs. P, I'm sorry K isn't doing well and continue to pray for both of you.

You made me laugh, though, with the pretzel story. It sounds like all the B100 stories about JB forgetting her head. :-)

The thyroid is a mysterious thing...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home