He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

We went to the oncologist today. Finally we hear the words "radiation therapy". K told the doctor the pain is so bad he can't do anything and said please help me. They referred K to the infusion clinic for a treatment of Zometa which is suppose to help with the bone pain. The doctor said it works for most cancer patients; I pray that it gives K some relief. And they are setting up the appointments at the cancer treatment center for the radiation. The doctor explained to K that narcotic pain medicine does not help with pain from bone cancer. K has been taking two prescriptions and the whole time has been complaining of hurting.

I do not know what to expect. I am worried and afraid. I know God will be with me and my flesh shall rest in hope.

*****************************

I will bless the Lord, who hath given me counsel: my reins also instruct me in the night seasons. I have set the Lord always before me: because he is at my right hand, I shall not be moved. Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope. For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou wilt shew me the path of life; in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.Psalm 16:7-11

4 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Mrs. P, all the birds are sad that K is so sick and in pain. We hope and pray the new medicine gives him relief and that the radiation helps, too.

BTW, whenever you go to see any doctor, bring your meds with you and explain your situation. I'm sure you'll find one with a heart who will give you a prescription to last until you get a new doctor. You need to stay healthy for both your and K's sake.

 
At 1:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs. P, God be with you and K!

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

You and K will remain in my prayers Mrs. P.

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How are things going Mrs. P? Is the radiation having any effect on K?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home