He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Saturday, July 29, 2006

I can't believe my dial up internet service has already been giving me trouble. I really miss my cable connection. Hopefully in the future I will be able to have it once again.

Life is really becoming a challenge right now. My mind keeps telling me that God is trying to teach me something. For the life of me I can't figure out what. K is not working anymore. We are down financially to my $500 dollars a month and what our parents can give us without putting theirselves in a bind. I am job hunting so I can earn more.

To add to my confusion, my mother told me that her doctor has diagnosed her with renal insuffiency. Why God wants me to have more heartache is beyond me.

Also, I have been caught in limbo within the charity hospital system. I was released from the endocrine clinic in April and referred to a primary care physician. At that time I had one refill left on all my prescriptions which I get in three month supplies. So the doctor didn't write me refill prescriptions. I called last month to refill my blood pressure medication and was told that my prescriptions had expired and I had to get a new prescription from my doctor. I checked on my depression medicine and was told that prescription had expired also. I called the endocrine clinic for new prescriptions because I had been seeing these doctors and they had been prescribing my medicine. I was told that I had to get my primary care doctor to renew my prescriptions. I explained that I hadn't seen that doctor yet; my appointment wasn't until August. They said that I had been released from the clinic and I had to go to the family clinic. I call the family clinic and they can't help me because I haven't seen the doctor and they have no charts on me. I count the blessing that I have a place to go for medical care but we have had nothing but complications with the legal red tape of our charity health care system. I have started my second week without any medication. The family friend that helped me get my surgery without a long waiting period is contacting his friends to try and get me some sample packs of my blood pressure medicine to take until I see my primary care doctor. Thank you God for all your blessings.

I have been enjoying watching a red headed woodpecker trying to eat from the bird feeder. I had never really thought about the different body shape of the woodpeckers in comparison to other birds until I saw it trying to get to the bird seed. Well, I didn't think they were seed eaters either. Just like they cling to the side of a tree, the bird was hanging upside down, horizonally, from the bottom of the bird feeder and stretching his head up to stick his beak into the feeder. When he latched onto something he liked he would let go and fly to the top of our electric pole and eat it. Really an amazing sight to see as it adapts its body shape to reach the feast I set out for my feathered friends. I need to adapt so I can get past the stumbling blocks that are set in my path.

**************************************************

The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee. Psalm 9:9-10

3 Comments:

At 7:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that you are having so many problems.

 
At 9:24 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Mrs. P, be sure to get all your charts from the clinic that "released" you. If you can, make copies to keep for yourself. Bring them to your visit with the new doctor. That may save time and trouble for you.

Meanwhile, do you have a "doc in a box" or "urgent care" in your town? Perhaps you could visit one and get prescriptions written to last you a month. Samples would be good, too. I hope you get them. You should not be without your meds. You'll have to get used to them all over again.

The B100 will continue to pray for you.

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Granny Bird said...

My prayers are with you and K.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home