He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Tuesday from 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. we were at the charity hospital emergency room. K had been having pain in his side for three weeks and said he had to have some relief. He had an xray and some blood work done. The doctor told him it was from the cancer in his bones and gave us a prescription for duragesic transdermal patches. So far the patch has lessened the pain. I told K that it will probably not go completely away like he is wanting. I haven't went to the drugstore yet to see what this prescription is going to be costing us. I will have to go tomorrow.

K has been very upset since tuesday. He told me he wasn't ready to die. I feel he had been trying to convince hisself that he had a lot more time left; even after the doctors told him last september he might have a year. After speaking with the doctor at the emergency room, I guess he has accepted the fact.

It has been a rough week. I will be glad when it is over. I pray for wisdom and strength for the heart-wrenching days that are ahead.

***************************************************

Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit. The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it? I the Lord search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings. Jeremiah 17:7-10

2 Comments:

At 8:47 PM, Blogger Quilty bird said...

I am so sorry to hear of your latest troubles, Mrs. P. I hope you get some relief soon.

 
At 5:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you and K.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home