He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Saturday, July 08, 2006

I have been enjoying my saturday. Cooking has begun to peak my interest once again. Today I made a spinach dip. I thought I would eat some of it but I believe I wanted to prepare it more than eat it. But it will keep for a few days and I can nibble on some crackers with the dip now and then.

I brought out the afghan I started at the beginning of the year and crocheted some more rows on it. I have felt the need to be creative and that is a good thing. One of the ladies I work with brought a crocheted tote to work that she had made. She had worked spangles in each row and I was ready to rush to walmart and buy some yarn and spangles. But I decided I had to at least finish the afghan before I started another project. I have a room full of unfinished projects of all kinds. I like Quiltybird's way of calling them UFO's.

A few years ago, possibly four years ago, I was into sewing purses. I bought up a lot of fabric and trims to make purses as gifts for my sisters. In the middle of making them I lost interest. That was about the time, I started feeling like a stranger was taking over my body. I don't even enter the room where my stuff is stored. I removed my sewing machine and put it into another bedroom so I could use it to do repair work on our clothes.

Last weekend I cut off some of my denims to make me some capri's. I get too hot in long pants; I need as much skin exposed to air as I can modestly get away with. My skin stays very hot all the time, I have taken to wearing shorts to preserve my sanity. I do not wear shorts in public, just at home.

I finally called the telephone company and ordered their dial up internet. I tried for a whole week and could not get online with the free one. I definitely missed being able to go online whenever I felt the urge. I always put books on hold at my library via the internet and I was beginning to feel disoriented. Reading is number one in the things I do and I love researching authors and books and then checking to see if my library has them. The internet is very addictive, I was going through withdrawals.

*******************************************************

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalm 139:23-24

3 Comments:

At 3:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you are back online. You should e-mail the birds your new address, so we can contact your via e-mail once in awhile.

 
At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are on line again. This birdie missed your blog.

Nice to know you are back sewing. Will take your mind off your problems and be very theraputic for you. It is a great relaxor. God bless you Mrs P

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

If I'm going to wear shorts, I like to wear them long. My current favorite is a long, knit short. I should have bought more than one pair, but wanted to be sure I liked it. The knit ones are a little warmer, but stay less wrinkled than woven cotton shorts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home