He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, October 08, 2006

I have really enjoyed the cold weather this weekend. It has been nice being able to be outdoors without perspiring. In addition to bird watching, I have been watching rabbits and squirrels making a meal of my yard. That is another reason I haven't been able to do any gardening like I would really like to do. Not only deer eat vegetable plants and flowers, lots of other animals destroy flower beds and vegetable gardens. But I do get lots of pleasure watching the wildlife.

I made the Red Velvet Bars this weekend and I say they are no where close to tasting like the cake. It was a big disappointment to me. K thought they tasted good, just not like red velvet cake.

We finally received a check from the social security office Saturday. We were told we wouldn't get it until the 16th of each month; so it was a complete surprise. You could say we were singing all the way to the bank; we definitely had the biggest smiles anyone has seen in quite a while on our faces. We were suppose to have direct deposit but I must say holding it in my hands was something I'm glad I didn't miss.

Thank you God for all your blessings.


***************

And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him. Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed, the effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.
James 5:15-16

1 Comments:

At 7:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you got to smile together!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home