He Is Faithful That Promised

Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) Hebrew 10:23

Sunday, October 01, 2006

October is here. Seems like we just started this year and now it is almost over.

I made a mistake on the surgery date; it is on october 12th. We asked the doctor at the cancer treatment center if he thought removing K's testicles was the only option K had as the next step in K's treatment. He also said it should be done. Hearing the second opinion makes it a little more bearable.

I was sick yesterday; not quite over it yet. There was a virus going around at the daycare and I succumbed to it at two yesterday morning. I was alone because K was on a hunting trip with his cousins. I went from the bed to the toilet till about four in the evening. Then I was able to make it to the kitchen to see what I had in the cabinets that might would stay in my stomach. I actually found some sprite that I sipped on for a while and it did stay down. Then I made some jello I also found and that was all I ate yesterday evening.

Today, I heated up some chicken noodle soup and I have been eating sparingly on it. I hope I am able to go back to work tomorrow.

I have been watching the food network again. Such delicious sounding foods are prepared on the different shows all day long. One recipe I can't wait to try was shown on Semi-Homemade today. It is for Red Velvet Bars. We love Red Velvet cake but it is costly and time consuming to make. I hope the bars are as delicious as the cake. I thought I would share the recipe.


Red Velvet Bars

For Cake Layer:
1 box (18 1/4 ounces) German chocolate cake mix
1 stick butter, softened
1 egg
1 ounce red food coloring

For Cream Cheese Layer:
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Spray 9 by 13-inch pan with cooking spray; set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, beat with an electric mixer on low speed, cake mix, butter, egg, and food coloring until combined. Press cake mixture into prepared pan; set aside.

In a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, beat to combine. Spread cream cheese mixture over cake layer.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until bars barely start to pull away from sides. Cool completely before cutting.

**************************************************

It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.
Matthew 4:4

2 Comments:

At 9:28 PM, Blogger Granny's Daughter said...

Kids pick up (and give to grown-ups) just about everything, don't they? Hope this is short-lived and you feel better tomorrow. It must have been awful being all alone while you were so sick. But maybe it's for the best, as K wasn't exposed. Poor guy doesn't need any more illness.

Is K feeling a bit better? It's good he got out some.

 
At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry you are feeling ill.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home